Summer is a great time for children to explore the world around them, experience self-discovery and enjoy a variety of age-appropriate ￼activities geared for their individual needs. As a Bala House Montessori camper, your child will get all of this and more.
We combine the best of Montessori fundamentals – free choice, independence and respect for self, others and the environment – with plenty of sprinkler fun, fantasy play, arts and crafts, organized sports, nature walks, gardening, cooking, and leisurely outdoor picnic lunches with friends. It is an ideal change of pace for our 2.5 – 6 years old campers.
Our Lower Merion summer camp is open to everyone – all families, friends, and neighbors of Bala House. Children new to Montessori or veterans will discover, learn and grow in our safe, fun, nurturing, child-centered program throughout the summer. They will make ￼friendships through play, explore new ideas, and improve motor, ￼language, and socialization skills. Qualified, professional Bala House teachers and staff will lead campers “Around the World in 40 Days,” exploring a different continent each week.
If you are looking to introduce your child to their first camp experience, for a great way to transition your child entering our school in the fall, or consistency and convenience for your family, look no further than Bala House Montessori. We can’t wait for your child to enjoy this fun-filled time of year with us!
Sign up today to save a spot! COMPLETE AND RETURN our Montessori Summer Camp Enrollment Contract before May 1st to receive a 10% discount off camp fees.
Bala House’s Montessori summer camp offers:
• A fun, yet stimulating experience for preschoolers and first-time campers
• Qualified and nurturing Bala House teachers and staff, experienced in the developmental needs of the whole child, will lead campers “Around the World in 40 Days,” exploring a different continent each week. Read more about our 2017 Bala House Camp Themes.
• Flexible schedules (half-day, full-day, and partial days) and convenient hours (8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m.) are available for busy families, Parents can choose individual weeks as needed
• Art, gymnastics, Soccer Shots, and sewing classes
• Gardening, art, music, picnics, water play, fantasy play, cooking lessons, storytimes, pajama day, walking journeys, sprinkler fun, outdoor games, and organized sports on our beautiful wooded campus and well-equipped playground
• Storytellers, petting zoos, traveling museums, and other special programs visit our camp throughout the summer
Bala House’s preschool Montessori summer camp runs for 8 weeks, from June 19 – August 11, 2017. Please see contract for fees.
“My kid loves the staff and the school, and all the activities were fun and meaningful. It was a joyful experience for him. He misses the school and can’t wait to start the fall semester in September.” – Bala House Parent
“I love that my daughter was able to have new types of experiences in a familiar setting (she attends Bala House during the school year). She enjoyed going to camp each day, and always had interesting things to share with me when I picked her up.” – Bala House Parent
My son’s daily excitement over something new he learned or did. He liked telling me animal facts he was learning! – Bala House Parent
I liked the variety of different activities from sports to arts. I also really liked that the “Montessori” way of doing things was carried throughout the program. – Bala House Parent
Very loving and nurturing environment that allowed self-expression without the rigidity of a traditional school system. – Bala House Parent