We believe that Bala House preschool and kindergarten students are in the process of becoming independent critical thinkers, peacemakers, protectors of the environment and responsible citizens. Our respectful classrooms foster these qualities.
We believe that children learn best when they are active participants in their own learning and are expected to work to their potential.
We believe that children need daily indoor and outdoor unstructured play.
We believe that children are elevated when given opportunities to focus attention on intellectual pursuits.
We believe the process, not the product, is the lifelong lesson.
We believe that when parents and teachers work together with their children, the Montessori philosophy can facilitate lifelong learning skills and strong self-esteem.
• Respect for the child
• Respect between children
• Respect for the process of gaining knowledge and skills
• Respect for individual and cultural differences
• Respect for the community
• Respect for the environment
• Respect for the teacher, parents and for the Montessori materials