Summer Camp (2.9 – 6 years)
Bala House’s preschool Montessori summer camp runs for 8 weeks, from June 13 – August 5, 2022. Registration for camp will open to the general public (students not currently enrolled at Bala House) on February 1. The registration form will be posted on this page on February 1. To register for camp, please fill out the registration form and return it to the school with a $200 deposit. Please know that we can not complete a child’s registration for camp until both the contract and deposit are received. Students must be 2.9 years old by June 15th to be eligible for camp.
Summer is a great time for children to explore the world around them, experience the joy of self-discovery and enjoy a variety of age-appropriate activities geared for their individual needs and interests. As a Bala House Montessori camper, your child will get all of this and more.
Our child-centered Montessori summer camp is playful, relaxed, and fun. It is an ideal change of pace for the summer months for our 2.9 – 6 years old campers. We combine the best of Montessori – love of learning, free choice, independence, mutual respect, and hands on learning– with the charms only summer can afford – plenty of sprinkler and water fun, outdoor games, organized sports, nature walks, gardening, fantasy play, arts and crafts, cooking, sewing, science experiments, and picnic lunches. Your child will make friendships through play, improve motor, language, and socialization skills, and continue their personal path of growth.
Our Lower Merion summer camp is open to everyone – all families, friends, and neighbors of Bala House. If you desire a great way to transition your child entering our program in the fall, a first time camp experience, a camp staffed with our experienced and nurturing Bala House teachers, consistency and convenience for your family, or the option to choose individual weeks as needed, look no further than Bala House. We can’t wait for your child to enjoy this fun-filled time of year with us!
Bala House’s Montessori summer camp offers:
• A fun, yet stimulating experience for preschoolers (2.9 – 6 years old) and first-time campers.
• Qualified and nurturing Bala House teachers and staff, experienced in the developmental needs of the whole child, will guide campers as they explore fun, weekly camp themes.
• Flexible schedules (half-day, full-day, and partial days) and convenient hours (8am to 5:45pm.) are available for busy families, Parents can choose individual weeks as needed.
• Art, gymnastics, Soccer Shots, and sewing classes.
• Gardening, art, music, picnics, water play, fantasy play, cooking lessons, storytimes, pajama day, walking journeys, sprinkler fun, outdoor games, and organized sports on our beautiful wooded campus and well-equipped playground.
• Storytellers, petting zoos, traveling museums, and other special programs visit our camp throughout the summer.
“My kid loves the staff and the school, and all the activities were fun and meaningful. It was a joyful experience for him. He misses the school and can’t wait to start the fall semester in September.” – Bala House Parent
“I love that my daughter was able to have new types of experiences in a familiar setting (she attends Bala House during the school year). She enjoyed going to camp each day, and always had interesting things to share with me when I picked her up.” – Bala House Parent
I liked the variety of different activities from sports to arts. I also really liked that the “Montessori” way of doing things was carried throughout the program. – Bala House Parent
Very loving and nurturing environment that allowed self-expression without the rigidity of a traditional school system. – Bala House Parent